The CFO will have
direct oversight for the accounting and finance functions with the potential
for additional areas over time and will serve as a business partner to the
CEO and COO.
· Develop and implement enhanced monthly reporting
package to meet requirement of PE owners and lenders while more importantly
providing useful and timely information and metrics to the management team.
· Implement consistent
accounting standards, systems and procedures across countries (U.S., Canada,
Mexico and Philippines) so that all locations have the same month-end close
procedures and timeline. Develop
relationships and an efficient workflow blueprint across all entities.
· Drive a culture of
accountability. Develop and
implement value added operational and financial metrics to help corporate
executives manage the business; synthesize and interpret metrics to
illuminate key issues for decision makers.
efficient financial infrastructure and metrics to ensure the attainment of
financial and operational goals. Assess and implement, to the extent
needed, financial controls for key cash flow items including capital
expenditures, inventory, etc.
· Drive efficiencies and improve margins by:
optimizing purchasing and working capital; measuring efficiency and other
operational initiatives across the Company’s distribution locations, and
helping to drive best practices across each location.
Create improved budgeting and forecasting systems as well as analytical
processes to proactively advise the management team on financial results.
· Increase the speed and accuracy of financial
reporting while also improving the company’s ability to forecast and develop
forward looking analytics.
Work across all functions within the company to build a deeper
understanding of the financial drivers and help improve the use and efficacy
of existing IT systems and infrastructure to support the business.
· Optimize bank relationships, oversee working capital
and cash management, and initiate strategies to enhance the company’s
financial position and financing options.
· Work closely with owners to ensure they are kept
abreast of key financial dynamics within the company. Develop and
manage reporting requirements as needed.
· Support potential M&A activities.
· Provide the tactical execution and leadership
necessary to drive EBITDA/profitability, improve cash flow, optimize asset
utilization and grow the business.
Top-rated executive with at least 15 years of accounting and finance experience. Ideally, a sitting CFO in a leveraged multi-location, multi-currency business in the distribution industry. Some direct relevant private equity experience is preferred.
· Well-rounded with the proven ability to increase analytical rigor and further define the long-term strategy while assisting with all aspects of the business.
· BS/BA required; CPA and/or MBA ideal.
· A demonstrated track record of driving profitable growth for complex, high-performance organizations. Expertise in design and implementation of multi-national accounting systems and procedures is preferred.
· A strong background in cost accounting and international accounting policies. Current with all regulatory reporting requirements and able to provide effective oversight to ensure compliance. Knowledge of Mexican, Canadian, U.S., and IFRS statutory and GAAP requirements would be a distinguishing factor.
· Experience in a multi-country, sales-oriented business environment with an understanding of the unique challenges that exist (e.g., capital needs relating to budgeting and cash management) is preferred. Prior experience in another multi-national distribution business is ideal.
· “Best athlete” capabilities and characteristics. A history of enhancing efficiency of operations. Ability to leverage prior experiences and implement best practices in a new business.
· Experience with ERP and/or other system implementations.
· Expertise in project management. Extremely detail-oriented with an ability to hold others to that same standard.
· Passionate executive with excellent interpersonal skills. An open and direct communicator who has the ability to build strong relationships internally across well-entrenched U.S. and international units and externally.
· Professional, with impeccable personal integrity and business ethics. Highly inquisitive with an intellectually curious nature.
· A tactical financial operator and a business leader who is comfortable with both operational and financial issues to help realize market and growth potential.